Supply Chain Management
Global Quality Manager Hardware and Accessories
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Polaroid was founded in 1937 by one of the most seminal innovators of the 20th century, Edwin Land. His motto was, “don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible.” In 2008, Polaroid shuttered its last factory, but a group of diehard fans came together as The Impossible Project to save instant film. Over 10 years later that start-up acquired what was left of Polaroid and today we’re again a small group of people passionate about empowering creators to change the world in the name of Polaroid.
What we are building: tools for creators.
Throughout its 80-year history, Polaroid was at its best when we made tools for people to express themselves, push boundaries and move culture forward. In the next decade, we are getting back to this purpose. We're not solving small problems, and we're not addressing a small market; our goal is to make products that will make the world more meaningful and human.
As Global Quality Manager for hardware and accessory products you are responsible for ensuring that the optimal quality goals are set and achieved across the organisation. You are the bridge between teams and regions, who together give our end users the best possible experience. You are part of the Supply Chain Management team, and you work closely with the quality roles in our film departments. You also support and lead quality related conversations with our factories and our approved vendors.
Objectives of the role
- Be the voice of the consumer for quality related issues, accountable for improving NPS scores
- Identify, reduce and eliminate issues in the design, development and production of products
- Ensure relevant roles across the organisation are effective in their quality management roles
- Provide leadership to all quality related roles in R&D, manufacturing and customer support
- Review and improve all quality related systems, bringing the consumer to the front of mind
- Review and improve the quality systems of our electronics manufacturing service partners
- Review engineering change requests with our factories, to ensure continual improvements
- Champion continual process improvement and ensure related documentation is maintained
- Champion quality in the supply chain, ensuring approved vendors respect our specifications
- Recognise and celebrate when people achieve challenging quantified goals and benchmarks
- Bring hardware, firmware, mobile app and film teams together, to optimise our global TQM
The ideal candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial design or engineering, master’s degree an advantage
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a similar quality management function
- Experience with the required quality tools, including Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt
- Implementation of ISO 9000 and ISO 14000, social compliance considered an advantage
- Confident leading internal stakeholders and managing external partners on quality issues
- Inquisitive with a consumer empathy, with an avid interest in instant film camera products
What to expect
This is a full-time role based in our Amsterdam office, with up to 25% international travel, including Asia. We are currently working up to 40% from home. You will be reporting to the SVP Engineering and Supply Chain, working with teams in Product Management, Design, Development, Manufacturing and internal Quality functions.
If you’d like to be considered for this role, please email your CV and letter of motivation with any other relevant information to our recruitment team, (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applications must be accompanied by a personalized letter of motivation, or they will not be considered.